Almost a month since my last post, about time to add something new :).
I've been working on this for the last couple of weeks, it's part of one of my first assessments this semester. It consists in designing a robot and make it in 3d while trying to stay as close to the design as possible.
I tried to design a cute robot for this one but as I started to add details, the head wouldn't match with the body anymore. So after a huge amount of drawings and a lot of inspiration from this :P, I got to this point:
Lined up in Flash and trace off all nice and clean hehehe:
HYDRAULIX is the name of the fake company given to us in the assessment brief.
It's low-rez ,doesn't have any highlights or shadow and the perspective is a bit off on the front view but there is the basic shape of the model+the colors. This is more than enough to take it to the next step: 3D modelling.
I've already started modelling(using Maya this year, so far I like it better than 3ds Max) but more on that next time!